Our crazy family

Our crazy family

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Costa Rica Scentsy Style

July 2012 I was at the annual Scentsy Family Reunion. Each year they announce the incentive trip for the holiday selling season at reunion. This year had changed the way I see my business forever. They announced that one of the trips we could earn was a trip to Costa Rica. It had been a dream of mine and Dan's to go to Costa Rica. In fact, we wanted to go for our 15 year anniversary but knew we weren't going to be able to afford it. Until this announcement, this was our ticket to Costa Rica and I was going to earn it. I had one of my best selling seasons and not only earned it for myself but also earned it take Dan with me all expenses paid! We were heading to Costa Rica and it was the year of our 15th anniversary.
We counted down the days and the day finally came for us to fly out. Scentsy set up the flights and ended up getting a chartered flight for a large group of us. When we got on the plane we saw the Pick Pack Play headrest covers and knew this was going to be an amazing trip!

 The first day we had a free day and decided to head to Tamarindo and learn how to surf. Neither one of us had surfed before and we couldn't wait to hit the waves. I was nervous as heck but put my fears aside and grabbed the board and went out into the ocean. I was so glad we had an instructor. Dan went out first and wiped out, then it was my turn and on my first try I rode that wave!!!
Oh man, we had a blast. 
In the middle of the week, Scentsy had a group activity so we all got on the buses and went on a river safari, saw a rodeo and visited a Hacienda. The river safari was amazing. We saw crocodiles, birds and monkey's. The views at the Hacienda were breath taking.
The sun was starting to set and
cast the most beautiful colors on the hills.
Scentsy allowed us to pick an excursion, so we decided to do the hike in the national park.
We saw wildlife, the mud pits and learned about the plant life.
We love nature and we were so glad we got to
see more of the Earth's beauty.
Standing by a suffocating tree.
We had another free day and decided to hang out at the hotel and relax. We walked down to the beach and snorkeled and got massages. It was so relaxing. The snorkeling wasn't the best but we always like to get in the water and look at the creatures in the deep blue sea.
We finished the trip with a dinner on the beach
with all the trip earners.
It was so romantic.
The sun was setting, the waves were crashing on the beach and
music was playing. 
Dinner at sunset
The caterers hadn't planned enough food for everyone so by the time we went through the line not much was left. We ended up having some nachos, but we seized the opportunity to enjoy ourselves and had a candle lite dinner on the beach. 
We just sat and enjoyed being with each other.
It was the most romantic night ever.
We were so blessed to have the opportunity to go on this trip. It is a trip that we couldn't have made happen with out my Scentsy business. We made new friends, enjoyed our time with each other and got to see another part of the world. Thank you to all my customers for helping make the holiday season the best one ever and thank you to my team for working so hard.
 It is a trip we will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment